Minor Wireshark NFC/RFID Dissector Updates
Recently, I updated my FeliCa, and NXP PN532 Wireshark dissectors to support the following functionality:
- Support for dissection of MiFare command payloads in PN532 InDataExchange packets (bug #8291)
- This means that command packets (but not responses) from tools such as MFOC, and the tools from LibNFC for accessing MiFare Classic, and MiFare UltraLight tokens are dissected.
- Support for dissection of FeliCa payloads in PN532 InCommunicateThru packets (bug #8246)
- This means that dissection of packets from almost all of an “NFC Tag Type 3” (barring NDEF payload data) tag reading session should be dissected, using the FeliCa “flavour” of notation.
- Support for the FeliCa Plug system code (bug #7767)
- This theoretically means that Sony’s new FeliCa Plug should be identified in “Polling Response” packets.
- Update to identify commands from the full FeliCa Standard profile (bug #8243)
- This theoretically means that commands related to enciphered reading/writing, authentication, searching for system/service codes, and requesting system information from the latest FeliCa Standard tokens should be at least identified.
I have also been trying to update Google’s dissectors to work with the latest SVN revisions of Wireshark, with mixed success. However, it seems that project has temporarily stalled – save for some brief exchanges on its mailing list, that didn’t really go anywhere.
Anyway, I remain willing to assist with that effort; and in the interim, I hope that this new functionality is useful.