It’s the End of an Era
Apologies for not updating things here as often as I’d have liked, since I’ve been very busy with other, more pressing issues as of late.
I also wanted to try and get this out sooner, rather than later – but I’ve been dealing with a cold, and trying to catch up on sleep; and ended up procrastinating as far as posting is concerned.
That aside, as of 23/06/2010, I’m no longer an FE student of Harrogate College – after spending roughly 3 years there.
But what does that mean for me, from a positive perspective?
- I finally get a limited amount of time to relax, recover from stress, and contemplate future plans
- As I now have more time to spare, I am now open to offers from people/organisations who may be interested in working with me
- I can finally dedicate more time and attention to projects that I am involved with
- I may even have slightly more time on my hands to blog – who knows?
On the flip-side, this now creates some brand-new issues for me:
- I now have to reconsider my initial plans of attending my initial choice of university to study either computer science, or computer security; due to not quite managing to obtain 200 UCAS Points – which means that I’ll either have to plead my case, or go elsewhere
- Due to the aforementioned problem, and the fact that I’m currently living in the middle of nowhere, and pretty much isolated from the rest of society; trying to find meaningful employment is next to impossible (I don’t care so much about pay, as much as not totally losing dignity, and going insane trying to cope with the menial crap involved with being a supermarket monkey, or a burger inversion specialist)
- Since I can’t travel very far – at least not without being stranded somewhere else for ages, until another bus arrives, I’ll have to find some other way of occupying the next couple of months…
I hope that gives the curious an idea of what’s been going on, so far. Since this post is getting pretty long, I’ll discuss the college and university situation in greater detail in some follow-up posts.